Saturday, February 2, 2008

Winter's duration

The Pennsylvania groundhog has delivered his augury for the year, and it's more winter, according to an AP story in the NYTimes.
Brace yourself for more wintry weather. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow Saturday, leading the groundhog to forecast six more weeks of winter.

Read it all here. Based on the fact that I saw some boy cardinals putting on the style for a girl bird, I'd venture that spring's damnear here. We have jasmine blooming on the front doorstep, and there are honeybees and butterflies feasting on the flowers. My friend who lives in Evilopolis is down and says he may take his boat out for a jaunt this afternoon and do I want to come? Yes, I believe I do ... a fine day for it and no political coverage out there in the bay. A little later: Or not ... looks like a good afternoon for a nap.

No comments: