Thursday, February 7, 2008

Reed on U.S. leadership

From his one-man think tank down in Jalisco, Fred Reed, eminent public intellectual and deep thinker, has some pithy comments on the country's leadership. In part:
An advantage of getting older, or at least an effect, is that you cease believing that adults know what they are doing. Finally you cease to believe that there are any adults. If I were sixteen, I might see Dick Cheney as a statesman who knew all sorts of things hidden from me. Daddy knows best. But I am of his age. He looks to be a puffed-up bureaucratic bully hiding behind an extensive array of character disorders. I think, “This wingnut is running a country, for God’s sake? I need a drink.”

Read all of ol' Fred here. We need more clear-thinking people like Reed.

No comments: