Monday, September 21, 2009

Hey, congressman, wanna improve your approval rating?

Get a job in journalism. Journalists have a 43% favorable rating in the public eye; that's way better than members of Congress. Rasmussen Reports is a running source of stats from polls, and a recent poll from that firm indicates that members of Congress rate rock-bottom with the public:
With the health care debate raging in Washington, D.C., there’s one change Americans clearly believe in: Members of Congress have now surpassed corporate CEOs to hold the least favorably regarded profession in the country.

Read it all here. Hard to be sanguine about a country run by a group held in massive contempt by their constituents. Probably the right thing would be to vote against incumbents. Unfortunately, my U.S. Rep is goofy Ron Paul. I think he's right on two or three important things, and his constituent services are admired by all. I just shake my head at my own goofiness and vote for him.

No comments: