Thursday, August 13, 2009

Health arguments

The Times of London had a posting about the health-care argument here in America. Comments, mostly pro-national health care, were fascinating:
As a Brit living in America, I have to say I'd love to have the NHS here. I am paying over $700 a month for insurance for myself, my wife and son. And even after all that we are responsible for the first $3000 claimed per year per person. $700 is about 1/4rd of my monthly income. No wonder a large percentage of personal bankruptcies are as a result of health care costs!

American healthcare is fantastic, but only if you have insurance. Try telling the 47 million without insurance what a good system they have, as they struggle to afford even a single doctor visit. … The NHS isn't perfect, but its a damn sight better than the American system. I've experienced both systems, and the NHS beats U.S. healthcare hands down.

… Remember Britain isn't the country where a person in a car crash has to pay for the ambulance that picked them up.

Read all of them here. I've got to the point of averting my eyes from the TV footage of people screaming at their representatives. It's painful to see such dynamic stupidity on display. We've had a couple more benefits here lately to raise money for people needing it for health emergencies. Civilized countries don't force working citizens to sell brisket plates to pay for chemo.

6 comments:

chats said...

Amen, brother. Make mine brisket.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Would you like to watch harry potter and the deathly hallows? It is not released yet but you can watch it already!

Click here to [url=http://watchharrypotterandthedeathlyhallowsonline.org/watch-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-online-free.php]watch harry potter and the deathly hallows online free[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at thegrey-beardloon.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
William

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.iystwowgold.com]wow gold[/url], positive attitude games gold you may want! If they are not, look for a different manner.
experience the [url=http://www.gw2golds.de#gw2gold]gw2 gold[/url] want that they held up more effective found in rain/snow
I adore most of these! And men and women see me personally carrying games gold quit my best all of the time to say which they Really like [url=http://www.hahawowgold.com]buy wow gold[/url] far too :) We're so thrilled with the investment...They are really trendy, type, and even sooo nice!!!
they may be quite possibly the most pleasant [url=http://www.iystwowgold.com]wow gold[/url] i have ever owned! and i acquired a lot of complements it was crazy! everyone i knew was so jealous and always asked if they could provide them
I felt having trouble getting games gold that might keep my current ankles and shins design and style while doing this New England cold and those ended up conclusively those who does things. I sang ones own good remarks multiple times while you are out there plowing any glaciers. I only just aspiration that they a freezer closure for straightforward putting together and so toward Through you'll need I would adjustment. These are your favorite [url=http://www.hahawowgold.com]buy wow gold[/url] I've ever was sold and show forward to good deal having the whole bunch.