Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Newspaper plaints

Friend sends along a note with a funny twist:
My buddy … told me this and I laughed so hard I had tears running down
my face:
Editor at the SA E-N told him he got a call from a longtime subscriber
complaining because not only is the E-N fewer pages now, they have cut down
the size of the page. The editor said he gave the guy the company line about
cutting printing costs, etc. The subscriber said, "Well, hell, what's next?
You just going to leave a Post-it on my door?"

The San Antonio paper has pulled back, cut the newsroom drastically, and reduced news coverage.

1 comment:

Sugar Magnolia said...

Heh, heh.....Laugh now....I have witnessed something in the Houston Chronicle lately that I never dreamed possible. Not every issue, mind you, and not even every section; but every now and then, there will exist, for no good reason at all, a half-page. And I mean, half-page LENGTHWISE. In other words, it's like they took a page and cut in half straight down the middle longways. It's the funniest-looking thing I ever saw. Usually there are minor news items or even an ad or two on this stunted piece of newprint. But....WHY? Why would they even bother? It's ridiculous. Strange, strange....