Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cool old gals

Guy who sends me stuff sends me a link to a blog written by two old gals – I mean really old, not just ol' gals – who are truly entertaining and vinegary. The blog is called Margaret and Helen. As a sample, Helen writes
It seems that a lot of people are upset with me because I am being unfair to the Governor of Oil Land. They claim that I really don’t know her… that I only know the biased view of her as portrayed by the evil liberal media. Folks, I’ve got news for you. Katie Couric stuck a microphone in front of your favorite moose hunter and when she opened her mouth a whole lot of stupid came falling out. Seriously. Defend “You can see Russia from Alaska” when asked about national defense. It doesn’t matter on what channel or to what reporter you say that. It’s stupid on CBS and CNN and it’s stupid on Fox News. Of course “stupid on Fox News” is kind of redundant.

Turns out that my wife has had them on her regular daily trapline of blogs. I'm always the last to know what's the thing to be doing. You can read them here. I saw Palin recently; she'd been mucking around in Georgia, I think. That poor, stupid creature thinks she's gonna be president. I guess there's some regrettable recent precedent for poor, stupid creatures ascending to the office.

No comments: