Sunday, May 15, 2011

This & that

Made a drive yesterday that would have been worthy of my younger, iron-assed days of driving, all the way from Yates Center, Kan., to **Adrift, a trip that appears to be more than 700 miles. Now I'll be paralyzed for two days ... that's the catch with trying to relive youthful exploits. Have to retire the thousand-mile shirt.
There are interesting doings at Citizens Hospital in Victoria. Although I haven't noticed coverage in the Vicad [I have been out of town], the story has received ink in the NYTimes via Texas Tribune. For that interesting bit, go here to read of claims of discrimination by some South Asian heart guys and responses from Citizens people.
And, jes cuz, a nice pic of swallowtail butterfly in the mimosa. Wife captured this shot; she said the tree was filled up with butterflies a few days ago.

2 comments:

Edith Ann said...

I was alerted to that story myself. Very interesting read.

With Gabe Semenza's new found expertise at requesting stuff via open records request, I would have thought the VA would have jumped on getting these emails for publication.

Pretty damning if you ask me. But then again, no one asked me!

Think the VA's been scooped?

Sugar Magnolia said...

What a lovely picture. I was just thinking the other day how I would love to have a mimosa or two here on the prarie. We are preparing to get about 4 live oaks, 2 pecans, a satsuma mandarin, and a meyer lemon planted whenever Janak's decides to get their sweet bippies out here (have been waiting more than a month now). Now I would like to add a couple mimosas to the bill.


Glad to have you back, Loon, aching body and all. Rear ends are but one thing that gets flatter, and less supportive, with age.