Wednesday, September 26, 2007

RR on W

Darrell sends me this and how can I not post it?

an interesting Reagan quote from the Reagan Diaries

"A moment I've been dreading. George brought his ne'er-do-well son around
this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the political one who
lives in Florida . The one who hangs around here all the time looking shiftless.
This so-called kid is already almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll
call Kinsley over at The New Republic and see if they'll hire him as a
contributing editor or something. That looks like easy work."

From the REAGAN DIARIES. The entry is dated May 17, 1986.

I didn't check this out. My wife tells me that Mike Austin also has this posted. He said someone sent him a Snopes link on this story. Too bad. It's like the story going around five or six years back that Bill Clinton's IQ was precisely twice W's. Turned out to be a hoax, but it sounded so plausible. Mike takes a couple other pokes at W. We're both on Darrell's mailing list. Redundancy won't hurt.

No comments: