Thursday, October 13, 2011

Things

There appears to be a another movie I won't see, this one called 'The Thing.' That will resonate with those of an age to have achieved perspective – a flick of the same name came out in the early 50s, starring Marshal Dillon in the title role of The Thing. May have been Arness's breakthrough part. Nothing new under the sun.
And another thing that came to mind with the announcement of the new movie:

This song was all over the radio when I was seven years old, but I find I can still sing along with Phil Harris. It was roughly concurrent with Hadacol jokes. You'll remember those, of course. Phil Harris was a funny guy and a good musician.

1 comment:

Sugar Magnolia said...

How delightful! To be truthful, this is the first time I've ever heard this, and I cannot imagine how that could be.

But, better late than never! Thanx for the song!