Saturday, September 24, 2011

Spontaneous Human Combustion

Since the departure of the Weekly World News from the American journalism scene, it's hard to get the straight skinny on such phenomena as SHC. The Brits are blessed with the Daily Mail to provide them with this sort of inside scientific reporting.
A baffled coroner has ruled that a man who burned to death in his home died as a result of spontaneous human combustion.
Dr Ciaran McLoughlin, the coroner for West Galway in Ireland, said that although Michael Faherty, 76, had been found lying on his back close to a fire in an open fireplace, that blaze had NOT caused his death.

Read more here. The Brit tabloids are wonderfully entertaining.

1 comment: