Monday, September 5, 2011

Hard to get this kind of help these days

I always feel a little bad ragging on the Vicad, but how can I not, given sentences like this in a story on shrimping?
"'All right, let's see what we've got,' Harborth says, hitting the wench to pull the net in."
Maybe instead of hitting her, he should just holler at her a little. They used to employ persons to vet stories and make right things like that silly goof.
And couple of funnies from comments around the webs
'Just saw this shirt: In dog beers, I've only had one.'
and
'I'm a couchtivist. I'm working right now....'
"After Rep. Michele Bachmann said God created last week's earthquake and hurricane to punish America, God issued this rebuttal: 'Actually, that's why I created Michelle Bachmann.'"

1 comment:

Edith Ann said...

Ragging on the Advocate has lost some of its allure. Too much of anything ceases to be fun. But, yes, I saw that. Maybe you know the answer to this: What exactly do EDITORS at the VA do, since they don't seem to EDIT?

The Bachmann joke is the best one I've heard yet!